Monday 2 April 2018

Pina Colada Selfie | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone! 
It's Sue Plumb here today and I hope you are all having a fabulous Easter break with your families. Today I have a new project to share featuring the fabulous 'Good Vibes Only' collection that was recently released. For this page, I was inspired by the card from the Everyday Etc card set with the quote featuring the words Pina Colada. (I am drawn to anything that involves Pina Coladas actually - they are my fave cocktail!) 


I decided to use a small silhouetted photo with the sunset card from the Everyday Etc filler card set as my background and built my page from there. I used a black cardstock background because I wanted to the image on the card to pop. So I reached for my Flutter Colour paints and used a dry brush method to extend the colours from the card out a bit and help them blend.


Once the paint was dry, I added the sunset card on top, then my photo; using some cardboard to give it dimension and separate it a little from the background.


I used another of the Everyday Etc cards to cut the life is short quote from, then stuck it across the top of the sunset card. I also added a sticker from the Sticky Quotes sheet above it and tucked a small pineapple sticker behind it.


For my title, I used the fussy cut Pina Colada words, along with the cocktail glass picture from the same card; and paired it with the selfie die cut word from the Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack.


Alongside the card, I added palm tree from the Wood Veneer Bits set, which I coloured black to tie in with the silhouetted trees on the sunset card.
I also created a small cluster on the edge of my glass (as I had cut off the edge of my glass in the photo, so it was a good way to hide it). I used the pineapple, star and iceblock from the Die Cut Bits & Bobs set; along with the don't worry be happy flair button from flair set #1
To finish off my page, I added a couple of die cut flowers in my hair on the photo for a bit of extra visual interest. 

When all that was complete, I backed slowly away from my page, determined to leave it alone. I was really happy with how it looked, and just love how the colours pop from the black background.
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you.
Until next time, happy scrapping! 


No comments:

Post a Comment