Wednesday 18 April 2018

Beach Vibes | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you featuring the awesome 'Good Vibes Only' collection that was recently released. 
We have been enjoying the last remnants of summer here in Qld this week, so I thought it was only fitting to go back and scrap some of my fave summer photos of my kids.


I started this page by laying down some watercolour for my background. I used Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Sprays in blue and gold, which I applied using the packaging technique. I then added some stamping over the top using grey ink and a crackle effect stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps. I also added some tiny splatters of orange ink to bring a little warmth and contrast.


Once my background was dry, it was time to add some papery layers. I used a variety of the 'Good Vibes Only' Everyday Etc filler cards, which I cut into various sized pieces and layered together to form a mat for my photos. I also added a page tab (from the Kraft Notes 5 sheet); torn pieces of washi tape (which comes in the 'Good Vibes Only' Kit); snippets of white punchinella and some frayed gauze; before adding my photos on top.


To create my title, I used several pieces from the 'Good Vibes Only' Wood Veneer Bits pack, as well as a white Tiny Sticky Quote.


I added the wild barefoot & free sticker from the 'Good Vibes Only' Sticky Quote sheet directly to my photo, using some foam tape to pop it up a bit. Underneath the edge of my photo, I added a DIY heart from Charms Creations, topped with a starfish from the wood veneer bits pack.


To balance out my design, I added a wood veneer pineapple and another small starfish to the left side of my photos. I also added another couple of white Tiny Sticky Quotes to my page.


To finish off my page, I decided it need more teal colour brought into it; so I used a Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Cube to add some areas of colour, as well as some extra splatters around the page.  
I then added a few small teal coloured hearts from the Rainbow Heart sticker sheet; stamped a couple of phrases and the date and I was done.

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. If you haven't got your hands on the 'Good Vibes Only' collection yet, or checked out the other recent items in the store (including stencils and stickers), then click HERE to see them all.
Until next time, happy scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment