Wednesday 1 February 2017

Purr-fect | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! 
I am very excited to share this layout with you today, as it features the brand new 'Fur-ever Friends' collection and new release Flutter Colour paints! (These are scheduled for release into the Flutterby store this Sunday, 5th February at 8pm - you won't want to miss it!) This page also features my family's new kitten, Genghis.


I started this layout by creating my background using the new Flutter Colour paint set (the colours are so divine!) I used a few drops of the aqua paint in some water to create a watercolour paint, which I brushed over my cardstock using a wide brush. I then used one of the new release stencils along with some purple paint, and stippled some random bubbles onto my background. Finally, I added some splats of the new green paint over the top and left it all to dry.


Once my background was dry, I fussy cut my title from one of the Fur-ever Friends Everyday Etc cards and adhered it onto my photo. I then created a layered mat for my photo to sit on from the coordinating filler card pack. (I am not normally a purple person, but am so loving the colour combination here!)


Under my photo, I also added a frame (Frame 47 'Mad About You' Photo Cut Out), which I cut in half; a Fur-ever Friends page tab; and some messy cotton thread for texture. The tab on my photo came from the Fur-ever Friends die cut bits & bobs pack.


To add some extra dimension to my layout and to tie in with the circular theme I had going on, I also added some of my favourite wood veneer circles, which I painted with the new green paint. (How perfect is the colour match between the paint and the paper?!) Inside one of the circles I popped one of the Fur-ever Friends flair buttons (from the cat set).


Finally, it was time for me to put the finishing touches on my layout. I used the cute little paw print stickers and the meow sticker from the Fur-ever Friends Sticky Quotes sheet; some blue enamel dots (from the neon set); some stamping and black mist splatters.


I also added my handwritten journaling and a couple of white Tiny Sticky Quotes - there is no project that these stickers don't belong on! (PS - I hope you like the tongue-in-cheek way I used the meow sticker in my journaling.) ;)

So, mark it in on your calendars or set a reminder on your phone - the new release lines will go live in the Flutterby Designs store THIS SUNDAY at 8pm (that will be 7pm if you are here in Qld like me). If you have a pet (and not just dogs or cats), you are going to NEED this collection!

Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments:

Post a Comment