Friday 17 February 2017

Spencer & The Crazy Cat Lady | Krisy Podolak

Hi-Ho Flutterby Lovelies.

Krisy back today to share a layout featuring the new "Fur-Ever" friends collection.  I will be honest when I saw this collection my heart sank.  Just a bit.  The reason was because we don't have any pets. We used to have bulldog before we had kids with the intention of getting another but then we had kids. And you know kids are kinda like pets...aren't they?!? Just Kidding.

All that being said, within a week I had smashed out 8 layouts using this collection. Yes, I got a little creative with some of them but some I did manage to use for their right intention.  Today, I am going to share two.

The first was the 8th layout I created from this collection.  I had plans for a layout but then things changed on Saturday.  This layout features my best friends cat, Spencer.  I had planned to make a funny layout but then on Saturday, my BF Sarah, told me Spence was a little bit off and had to make a weekend visit to the vet.  On Monday after a grim diagnosis Spencer was put to sleep.  So I changed my funny layout to something Sarah could hang on her wall.  I framed and delivered it before she got home from work.


I used a few different cards From the Everyday Etc cards to create the base and then fussy cut the words so they didn't take up too much space.  I mounted the Purr-fect on some foam squares to add some dimension.
For the background I used the "You Spin Me Right Round" Stencil  with some Colour Blast Colour Spray, then stamped over the top for a bit more visual interest.

Here are a few close ups...



Sarah loved it.  

Now here is another layout layout I did.  I thought I would never manage to use the cat cards from this collection, then on a day last week when it was close to a MILLION degrees (Queensland summer temperature at 40 degrees celcius) my daughter decided the it was too hot for clothes but totally suitable for a cat beanie.  She wouldn't wear the damn thing in winter and I have no idea where she got it from but Freaking Crazy is the only way to describe her.  

 As this layout isn't technically about real live cats, I took colour inspiration from the card that says "Crazy Cat Lady", teamed it up with this piece of paper from Kaisercraft, added some Colour Blast Heavy White Gesso to "dull" it down just a bit, added a splash of Colour Blast Shimmer Dust in Lollipop and then stamped over the top.  For more texture and "mess" I added some Flutter Paint swirls over the top. I just used the Pink and Orange from the Original Rainbow set but the brights would have been awesome too.  But OH MY GOD! How hard is it waiting for these to dry.   This technique is not one I do very often. I am not a scrapper than can pre-prepare backgrounds, I like to start and finish one at a time and I didn't want to hit this one with the heat gun as I didn't want the paint to bubble.  I wanted it to keep its' form.  Thankfully it was another warm Queensland day, and it only took just over an hour (with a little help from the heat gun at the end).

Then I layered some random papers with the Pink paw card from the Everyday Etc Collection to form the matte behind my photo.  To finish the layout I cut up the title card, added the Crazy die cut from the Mad About You collection along with a YOU flair button and some orange and yellow hearts.  \

Here are a few close ups.



Thank you for stopping by today.  I will be back next month with some more crazy layouts using the NEW "Fur-ever Friends" Collection.

Krisy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment