Monday 3 December 2018

Us Together | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
It's Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you. Today I have a mixed media scrapbook layout featuring the new 'We Are' collection and Flutter Colour paints. It also features a fun (part) family snap I took a few months ago...we are so not normal! haha


I started my page with white cardstock and Flutter Colour paints in Cotton Candy Pink, Tangerine Orange, and Yellow Zest. I thinned these down slightly and used a brush to create a rough painted background, blending the colours as I went. I then used Arctic White and applied it with a brayer to the focal area of my page to strip the colour back a bit. 


After I had the paint down, I used the 'Happily Ever After' stencil with some acrylic modelling paste, then dried it off with a heat gun. 

I then cut some pieces from some of the 'We Are' Everyday Etc filler cards and layered them together to form a mat for my photo, along with some small torn pieces of washi tape from my stash.


Once I had the paper pieces in place, I used the 'XO' stencil (unfortunately, no longer available);grey StazOn ink and a dauber to apply some XOs to several areas of my page. (You could use any small pattern stencil for this, it was simply to bring a little darkness into the page.)

I then added a paper doily and some frayed gauze to my paper layers before adding my photo on top.


Tucked in around the top right corner of my photo I added a manila luggage tag tied with twine; the this is us page tab; and the large heart I had fussy cut from one of the 'We Are' Everyday Etc cards. The die cut word together that I added onto my photo came from the 'We Are' Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack.


Below my photo I added the normal family quote I had also fussy cut from another of the Everyday Etc cards; along with the yellow heart sticker from the 'We Are' Sticky Quotes sheet; and the small LOL sticker from the white Tiny Sticky Quotes sheet.


To the left of my photo I created another cluster using a Charms Creations DIY heart, topped off with the family fun flair button from the 'We Are' flair buttons set #1 and another Tiny Sticky Quote.

I finished off my page with a splattering of Colour Blast 'Soot' Colour Artist Ink and some stamped phrases using a Typo roller stamp.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Don't forget to stop by the Flutterby store to see what's new, including some awesome ideas for Christmas gifts! Check them out HERE
Until next time, happy scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment