Tuesday 23 May 2017

Stand Out + Cool Pre Teen | Belinda Spencer

Hello!!

Belinda here today to share two more layouts I have created using the completely awesome Xtreme Teen range.

For these layouts, I wanted to showcase the utterly brilliant Knucklehead Stencil. I LOVE skulls and anything spooky so I couldn't wait to play with this stencil.

'Stand Out'  Layout


I started this layout with a kraft cardsstock background. I placed the stencil on it and drew around the skulls using a waterproof fine black journalling pen. I diluted some black gesso with water to get a runny, watercolour consistency. I spritzed the background with water and then painted around the skulls with the black gesso using a soft, wet paintbrush.


Once all of the black gesso background was dry, I watered down the Arctic White Flutter Colour paint and painted the skulls.


I was inspired by the cool Converse images in the collection so decided to scrap a photo of my daughter's new Converse. AND I have had a Converse die in my stash for absolutely ages waiting for the right project. FINALLY I got to use it and the fabulous fabric look grey photo filler card was the perfect piece to use for the die cut.


I layered on some photo filler cards, my photo and a whole heap of awesome bits and bobs, wood veneer page tabs and flair button.

Here's what I used:




'# Cool Pre Teen' Layout


So there is that cool stencil again! I told you I LOVE it! This time I have swiped some Golden Light Molding Paste over the stencil to create a more dimensional effect. I have added just two rows of Knuckleheads across the bottom of my layout by masking off areas of the stencil using scrap paper held in place with a little washi tape.


This time I spritzed the background with water and then doused it in Charcoal Kaisermist. So that it wasn't quite so dark, I blotted the excess colour away with scrunched up paper towel and flicked a bit more water at it for a waterstained effect..


I have mixed and matched the Xtreme Teen range with the Colour Me Krafty collection which worked perfectly with my kraft cardstock background. I have kept to a simple neutral colour scheme of black, white and kraft to make my photo really stand out. 

Here's what I used:



Well that is all from me today. Don't forget to share your own awesome creations in our Flutterby Designs Inspiration HQ Facebook Group. I would so love to see what you have made.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment