Friday 11 January 2019

Road Trip | Elisa Ablett

Hi Flutterby Fans,

Elisa here from the new look Design Team with my first post ! 

I have been super excited to start creating with all the bright and funky Flutterby goodies and came across some 'road trip' products and I immediately thought of the layout I would create.

My layout features the 'Good Vibes Only' collection plus loads of other Flutterby products.


Let's take a closer look at the finer details 😀


I started with a background created with Distress stains, stamping with Viva Las Vegas Stamps and blending ink through Flutterby Designs 'bright-like-a-diamond-stencil'.

I also fussy cut some elements from the 'Good-vibes-only-everyday cards' to build a scene along with some layered 'good-vibes-only-filler-cards' and 'wood-veneer' bits and pieces.


Add some distressed sewing (ahem... ok terrible sewing) and a cute little flair-button, some wood veneers and a few splatters here and there! 

I also like to get some use out of my old circle punches.




Layer your elements so they flow across your page over the background you have created.

Make use of your stored up snippet-strips - neutral colours to add that extra layer over your elements.



Don't be afraid to try your photo and elements on an angle, I cut a photo in two (palm trees and sky) and added that to my photo cluster to continue with telling my story on the page and then decided to give them all a little twist to add visual interest. 
Play around with your design before you stick it down!



 That's it from me today, thanks for stopping by the blog and 
sharing my excitement for my first post as part of the team!  

Wishing you all a Happy New Year as well, let's all do some fabulous things in 2019 !

Hugs 

Elisa x















No comments:

Post a Comment