Tuesday 23 October 2018

Shine Bright Beautiful | Tamara Buckler

Hello Flutterby peeps,

I'm so happy to be back with you to share my latest layout featuring lots of messy mixed media and a heap of Flutterby goodies.

The colours for this layout were inspired by the outfit my daughter is wearing - I really wanted to pull out the mustard and pink.


I also felt that I wanted to have a contrast for these two main colours, so added in some Grey Texture Paste. I did this by mixing Black Mayhem Flutter Colour Paint to my Texture Paste, which I then ran through the 'Words of Wisdom 2,0' stencil (on clearance in the shop, btw!) Once this was dry, I watered down some Orange Goldfish and Raspberry Punch Flutter Colour Paint, and used the packaging technique to apply this to my page. I also added grey splatters by mixing Black Mayhem and Arctic White with some water, and flicking it on the page with my brush.


I used tissue paper, cardboard, and plasterers tape in between and behind various layers of Everyday Etc Cards -  a lot of these were from the 'We Run the World' collection.  I also added to these layers one of the piece from the 'Hello' fussy cuts set. 


To create my title I fussy cut "Shine Bright" from the 'Wild Bohemian' Everyday Etc Photo Cards, and then added "beautiful" from the 'Flawsome' wood veneers, which I painted white.


I am in love with all this texture and dimension!!


To balance off my title, I added another piece that I fussy cut from the 'Wild Bohemian' Everyday Etc Photo Card, which I tucked in with a Charms Creations Heart and a Flair Button that has been in my stash forever!


To complete the page, I added in some Snippet Strips from the Monochrome Set, which I anchored to the page with some pieces that I cut from the centre of the Fussy Cut piece (I've tucked this in a few other places too). I also added in a Wood Veneer heart which I painted with the a coat of Arctic White then a coat of Orange Goldfish Flutter Colour Paint - this just makes the colour more punchy on top of the wood veneer. 

I'm super happy with how this page turned out! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Big Loves, 
Tam xo


No comments:

Post a Comment