Sunday 7 October 2018

Hello Adventure | Tamara Buckler

Hello Flutterby Friends,

It's great to be back with you for another share today. This page was a fun one to create. I'm a little bit obsessed with the Large Alpha Stencil, and love making titles with the letters - its just such a cool crisp font!

I had this fun selfie with my daughter at a tree climb adventure park, and I have printed it a bit larger in 5x5, and really wanted to make it my focal point.


To accentuate this focal point I drew 'Hello' on some black card stock using the Large Alpha Stencil and fussy cut it out just using some scissors. I also cut out some asterix while I was at it, and tucked them around the page. 

Now that I had the 2 main elements sorted, I began to build a matt behind my photo. To do this, I pulled a heap of Everyday Etc Cards from a variety of collections, focussing on B&W papers, and anything in purple/pink. I cut them into random sizes to create texture and interest, and laid them up behind my pic. I also tucked in some frames, and some page tabs in similar colours and textures. 


I added a piece from the Kraft Fussy Cuts to the top left of the photo, and tucked various pieces from the black Snippet Strips and White Sticky Quotes around the page. I also added a Flair Button to embellish the page, which I have altered, as the colour didn't suit - I'm not entirely happy with the way this worked out, but I figure that's a good excuse to order a few more!


To finish off the title I added the word 'Adventure' using the Purple Sticky Alphas, which I stuck to be a piece of white cardstock, so I could layer it over the larger title word.


And to balance out the page, and finish things off, I added a strip from an Everyday Etc Card, and another Snippet Strip with my journalling at the bottom of the page. 


Thanks for stopping by today to check out my page. I do apologise for the light in some of these pics, we have had rain non stop since I created this layout and have struggled to get a good pic because of the gloominess. I'm definitely not complaining about the rain, so I figured these pics would do!

Big Loves,
Tam xo


No comments:

Post a Comment