Wednesday 14 February 2018

GUEST DESIGNER - FIONA JELLIE

Hi there peeps!! I'm back to introduce our next guest designer
FIONA JELLIE!!!!


"Hi, it's Fiona and I'm your guest design team member for February. I live in country south west Victoria with my two puppies. I feel very privileged to be able to bring you projects with my slant on them. I am not a scrapbooker instead working in mixed media and textiles.


I'm creating this spread in my altered book journal. It could be done on canvas or a paper page as well. Using the 'We Run The World' Filler Everyday Etc Cards, I tore pieces and glued them into my page with a glue stick. I tried to have colours/textures in at least two places on the page. I did the same with the stencilled tissue paper. I then used yellow
watercolour paint to paint any part of the page that hadn't been covered. I also used it on the stencilled tissue paper.
I then found a photo that I wanted to use and printed it onto photo paper. This is a photo of my mum when she was at boarding school. I cut it down to remove the background and used glue to attach it to the page. 

Next I played with the Fussy Cut 'Mixed Media Circles'. I glued blue tissue to the back of some of them.I then layered them to create a hat. After gluing them down I used a black pen to draw around each ring, doodle around the outside and inside the circles where the background was showing through. As a finishing touch I added a flair button from the 'We Run The World' at the top.
Now it's time to work on the blazer! Whilst I was deciding what to do, I cut the 'Tropical' Snippet Strips and it came to me! This piece was about how Mum cares for and what she wants for her children, and now, grown up grandchildren. I used double sided tape to stick the phrases in a pleasing arrangement. Again, I used the black pen to draw around each one.
At this point I decided I wasn't happy with the background. It was too bold and taking too much attention from the figure. I lightly spread white gesso with a spatula to tone it down.
 A dab of a pink cream on the lips and cheeks and mum is finished. By the way, I think I'm a little excited about seeing the musical ‘Pricilla, Queen of the Desert’, in the coming weeks….Does it show?"


I'll be back later this month with some more super creations from Fiona :)

Big love, Neet x





No comments:

Post a Comment