Thursday 18 January 2018

I am a Girl | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here, and it's time for another design team project share from me. I am still loving the recently released 'We Run the World' collection and couldn't resist creating another page with it. I had these fun Snap Chat selfies and thought they would work perfectly with this range. Instead of my usual messy mixed media however, I was instead drawn to create a more graphic style page. (Yes I know, it shocked me too!)


As you can see my page design features lots of straight lines, colour blocks and clean, white space. (OK, so there is a bit of a splash of mixed media, but it's very minimal.) 
Besides the photos, my main inspiration for this page was the I am a girl piece I used for my title. It was fussy cut from one of the 'We Run the World' Everyday Etc cards and I was really drawn to the brush stroke behind it.


I then pulled out the we run the world title card from the same pack, and fussy cut the words from it as well. Next, I sorted through the coordinating filler card pack and started pulling pieces that I thought would work well together. After that, it was simply a matter of shuffling pieces around my page until I was happy with the placement before I started sticking them down.


Once my photos and paper pieces were in place, I added some scrap cardboard under my photos and the we run the world phrase before using a small amount of liquid adhesive to stick it all down. 
Then it was time to add some embellishments. I wanted to layer some of the key words from the collection around my page on top of my paper strips.


At the top of the page I used the strong die cut from the Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack, which I mounted up using some foam tape to give it a little dimension. I also used the fierce from the Wood Veneer Bits sheet (which I coloured white using a Posca pen); and an opaque acetate brave word.


On the small square in the top right of my page, I added one of the flair buttons from the 'We Run the World' set #1; and a small heart from the die cuts pack. I also added a larger die cut heart to the square on the bottom right of my page. 

I used the empowered sticker from the 'We Run the World' Sticky Quotes sheet; along with a small heart. At the bottom of my page on top of the brick wall paper, I added the we can rock the world sticker from the same sheet.


To finish off my page, I couldn't resist a tiny amount of messy media. I used some watercolour pencils to add a couple of organic scribbles, which I then went over with a waterbrush to blend the colour out slightly. I also used a Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Cube to add a small splash of green on the right side of my page, and some tiny splatters around as well.

I was really happy with how this page turned out, and the fact I had used a different style. (And quite impressed with my ability to show restraint for a change! haha)


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project. Until then, happy scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment