Saturday 20 January 2018

Beautiful | Belinda Spencer

Hello Flutterby Designs peeps!

Belinda back again to share another layout for the month featuring the completely fabulous 'We Run The World' collection.

I love this collection so much and especially that it represents strong women. So of course I had to use a photo of the fierce, kind and beautiful small female child that I am lucky enough to call my daughter.

'Beautiful'


How gorgeous is that background paper?!!! I think it is my absolute favourite of the brand new 12 x 12 papers. The design is so good.

I started by squirting some Tropicana Teal paint over the 'Connie' paper and then swooshed it around with a palette knife until I had enough coverage.


I played around with some of the Filler Photo Cards to create some layers under my photo. 


I added a sweet cluster of embellishments including an awesome flair button, a heart fussy cut from the Connie paper and a Charm's Creations black and white heavenly heart.


I used the acrylic word 'beautiful' as a mask to create my title. I held the word in place carefully with my fingers on a piece of white cardstock while I used a latex make-up wedge to blot the Tropicana Teal paint around it. Check out this progress shot.


I have to admit that when I took the mask away there was a little paint bleeding so I used a white Posca paint pen to tidy up and colour the whole word. I then placed the acrylic word back over the top and used a fine black pen to create a black outline. Finally I fussy cut the whole thing with just a small teal border.


Of course I had to add a bunch of page tabs and snippet strips too. 

Here's what I used:

- 'beautiful' acrylic word
- Die Cut Bits & Bobs
- Everyday Etc Filler Photo Cards
- Flair Buttons Set 1


Well that is all from me today. Make sure you head over to the shop to grab yourself some of the stunning 'Limited Edition' 12 x 12 patterned papers before they run out.

Cheers
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment