Sunday 7 January 2018

Dec 25 Christmas Cheer | Belinda Spencer

Hello Flutterby Designs fans!!

Belinda here today to share my very first projects for the new year featuring the awesome Fair Dinkum Chrissy collection. I am so very happy to be back for another year of scrappy fun at Flutterby Designs and I am very grateful to Anita for having me back. I am so looking forward to creating alongside the new team of awesomeness.

Anyway, onto the shares!

My little family and I quite often head to the beach on Christmas Day so this is just the perfect range to scrap our family beach Christmas tradition.

'Dec 25' Layout


For this layout I was really drawn to all of the gorgeous silver elements in the Die Cut Bits & Bobs as well as the filler photo cards. I especially couldn't wait to use the stunning silver glitter acrylic 'Dec 25'. I swiped some silver acrylic ink across my white card stock base and let that dry before adding a little stamping. I flicked some of the silver ink as well as black and white Posca Pen paint over the background too.



I kept my colour scheme simple by using neutral black, white and silver. This colour scheme really made my darling daughter's red Christmas dress pop in the photo.


I created lots of layers as always with messy embroidery thread, page tabs, wood veneer and die cut elements.


I coloured the wood veneer with the black and white Posca Pens.


Here's what I used:
- Acrylic Title


To keep things fair, I have also scrapped a photo of my sweet son from the same Christmas Day at the beach.


'Christmas Cheer' Layout


For this layout I have reverted to type and used my very favourite Tropicana Teal Flutter Colour Paint diluted to a watercolour consistency on my background. I swiped some texture paste through the Bubble O' Fun Mini Stencil to add some dimension and interest.


I cropped some of the Filler Photo Cards to create the layers under my photo but that beach scene one is my absolute favourite so I just had to use the whole thing.


I finished off with some twine, wood veneer bits, flair button, page tabs and some cute stars that I fussy cut.





Here's what I used:



Well I hope you have been inspired by my first projects for 2018. Have you had a chance to scrap some Christmas photos yet with this fabo range? Please remember to add your awesome layouts to the Flutterby Inspiration HQ group. I really love to see what you have made.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment