Thursday 14 September 2017

Friends Are the Family We Choose | Sue Plumb

Hi Flutterby peeps!
It's Sue Plumb here today to share my latest design team project with you. Today I have a 12x12" mixed media layout featuring a couple of photos of the boss lady (AKA Neet) and I that were taken at the 'Create by the Lake' retreat back in July. (These photos were taken late at night, when we were channeling our inner Freddie Mercury.) I don't really have to say anything else about the story behind these photos - I think the title says it all for me.


I started this page by brushing some black heavy gesso onto my white cardstock, then smeared some Colour Blast 'Envy' Colour Paste around randomly with a palette knife. Next, I used my Flutterby 'Stargazed' stencil to apply some texture paste; then topped it all off with a good drizzle of 'Green Limousine' Flutter Colour paint. I then set it aside to dry thoroughly.


The next step in my process was to create a mat for my photos, so I used an assortment of Everyday Etc filler cards, which I cut into pieces and layered together. I topped that with some frayed gauze and a page tab before mounting my photos on top.


I then started adding my embellishments to my layout. I used the friends are the family we choose wood veneer (unfortunately no longer available) for my title, which I painted with 'Tropicana Teal' Flutter Colour paint, before adding some white highlights with a paint pen. Above it, I added the let's flock together Black Tiny Sticky Quote.

Alongside my photos I added a small cluster that included the awesome ticket from the 'Xtreme Teen' ticket pack; the hashtag sticker from the 'Xtreme Teen' Sticky Quotes sheet; some messy cotton thread and a cute camera flair button.


Below my photo I added the parental advisory sticker (also from the 'Xtreme Teen Sticky Quotes); which I framed with a large wood veneer circle (coloured white with a paint pen). I also added a few other painted wood veneer circles to my page to help keep my design balanced.


The quote in the top right hand corner of my page was cut from one of the 'Partners in Crime' Everyday Etc cards (THE perfect set for funny photos with friends!) I then added a Charms Creations handmade star; a few star stickers from the 'Xtreme Teen' Sticky Quotes sheet; and some scattered enamel dots.
To finish off, I added a few stamped phrases, the date and a few splatters of mist.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. If you think you might like to join in on the fun at the 2018 'Create by the Lake' retreat, registrations have already opened! Head over to the Flutterby Facebook page for more details.
Until next time, happy scrapping!

1 comment: