Saturday 18 August 2018

Stash-busting Traveler's Notebook Pages | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team work with you. To switch it up and keep things interesting for myself, I have recently begun working in a traveler's notebook. People use TN's in all sorts of ways, but I have stuck with the memory keeping format just like I use my scrapbook layouts for. I have found the smaller size great for a change, and perfect for documenting some of the photos from my phone that I wouldn't necessarily create a large layout for. It has also given me the chance to use up a lot of bits and pieces from my stash.


For my "Let's Pug It Out" page that I created to feature some silly photos of my daughter trying on animal masks in Kmart; I took the opportunity to use up an Everyday Etc card from the 'Furever Friends' collection for my title and the pug picture.


Other items on this page included 'Mad About You' Sticky QuotesPhoto Cut Out tabs; Blackboard Sticky Alphas; Rainbow Heart Stickers; and a Snippet Strip.
I also used some washi tape and watercolour paint from my stash.


For my "Box Head Fun" double page spread documenting a workshop my kids attended during the holidays; I used some 12x12" paper from the 'Happily Ever After' collection for the quote and also to fill space on my pages, but any Flutterby Everyday Etc Cards, would also be perfect for this purpose.


Again, I used a random assortment of items across these pages including left over stickers from the 'Xtreme Teen' and 'Good Vibes Only' Sticky Quotes sheets; Teal Sticky Alphas; and another Photo Cut Out tab. I also added some watercolour paint.


For my "Netflix" themed page, I used one of the 'Good Vibes Only' Everyday Etc cards to create my title; and the watercolour feature underneath my journalling came from one of the coordinating filler cards. I also used the large icecream from the 'Good Vibes Only' Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack.


I finished off with an assortment of items - 'Happily Ever After' Sticky Quotes; die cut from the 'Mad About You' collection; and Rainbow Heart Stickers.
I also used washi tape from my stash and watercolour paint.

If you haven't tried working in a traveler's notebook yet, why not give it a go? It's often good for your creativity to change things up a bit, and this is a fabulous way to use up some of those left-overs in your stash. (To make way for new ones, of course!) 
Until next time, happy scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment