Wednesday 16 May 2018

We Stick Together | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone! 
Sue Plumb here today to share my latest design team project with you and my very first using the BRAND NEW 'Happily Ever After' collection! This range is so freakin' awesome - and right up my alley with it's gorgeous bright colours and a mix of sweet and sassy sentiments! If you haven't already got your hands on some of this... JUST. DO. IT.   
(You can check out all the new goodies in the shop HERE)


To create this layout I started with a fun photo of hubby and I taken at a 'Pimps & Hoes' fancy dress party last year and that STUNNING background paper - aptly named 'Love Potion', from the 'Happily Ever After' 12x12" paper pack. (The pack contains 10 different sheets of patterned paper which are all printed on 200gsm paper, making them ideal for mixed media as well.)


I used a variety of the Everyday Etc filler cards cut into various shapes and sizes to create a layered mat for my photo. (I so love the colour palette of this collection!) I then added some frayed gauze for a little soft texture before placing my photo on top.


I added two of the 'Happily Ever After' page tabs above my photo, which I just tucked in behind it.

I decided my page needed some extra details on the background, so I used the new 'Happily Ever After' stencil and some black Staz On ink to add the love you words and hearts. To do this, I simply masked off the areas around the section I wanted to use with some washi tape and then applied the ink using a sponge dauber.


Next, I turned my attention to my page title - reaching for my pack of Everyday Etc cards. I already knew EXACTLY which quote I wanted to use for my title because...well, why not? hehe I fussy cut it out and adhered it below my photo. (Hubby thought it was hilarious!)


After my title was down, I looked to add a few extra embellishments. (I didn't need a lot because the papers did most of the work on this page.) I wanted to create a little cluster on the horizontal strip to the right of my photo, so I added the I'm not sick of you yet sticker and the small purple heart sticker from the Sticky Quotes sheet.


I also added a handmade purple heart from Charms Creations; which I topped with the XOXO flair button from the 'Happily Ever After' set #1. I also added a few small torn pieces of the 'XO' washi tape that comes in the 'Happily Ever After' Kit (not available separately).

To finish off my page, I added a few splatters of white Flutter Colour paint (I watered it down slightly to make it easier to splatter); some scribbles of pencil; then I stamped the date and a few phrases and I was done.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I am sure you are dying to get your hands on the 'Happily Ever After' collection for yourself, so make sure you head to the shop HERE now to grab some.
Until next time, happy scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment