Tuesday 22 May 2018

You are my favourite... | Tamara Buckler


Hey Hey Flutterby Friends,

Tamara back again today to share with you my 2nd layout made with the awesome new 'Happily Ever After' collection. Now this collection is ultimately designed for your partner/husband/wife or any other loved up person in your life. I have mixed it up a bit today and used it for my tween daughter, who I love most days ;)


This layout was inspired by the Everyday Etc card featuring the quote "You are my favourite pain in the ass". I wanted to draw out the bright splatter-y paint effect in the background, and also the black in the font. I started by using some black gesso through the new 'All you need is Love' stencil. Seriously this is the best, such a cool block font with the word 'love' repeated over and over again, perfection! I think it really pops with the black gesso on the white cardstock, love it! I then used some paint to mimic the effect on the quote card, and bring in lots of yummy bright colours.

I layered up this attitude filled picture of said tween with some of the Everyday Etc Filler Cards that complimented the paint colours, and matted both the quote and pic with black card stock for an extra pop.



I added in some washi tape from the kit around the quote, and some enamel dots to peak out at the top and bottom. This page didn't need too much in the way of further embellishment as there was so much colour and contrast happening already. I did add in a heart that I fussy cut from one of the Everyday Etc cards,  a flair button from the collection, as well as a page tab, and that was it!

Thanks for stopping by to check out my page. I hope you have all got your hands on the Happily Ever After collection and are making pretty things. Make sure you pop over to the Flutterby Inpiration HQ and share with us what you're making!

Big Loves,
Tam xo









No comments:

Post a Comment