Sunday 9 April 2017

Best Friends with Belinda Spencer

Hi Flutterby peeps!!

Belinda here today to share a layout I have created using the awesome Fur-Ever Friends range as well as a bonus card made with the Mad About You range.

'Best Friends' Layout


How cute is that photo of my sweet boy with my darling cat Noodle as a kitten? Cuteness overload I reckon.


For this layout I was inspired by the rainbow stripes in the filler photo card. I swiped some stripes of Flutter Colour paint over my background using a folded up piece of cardstock. To be honest I couldn't find my loyalty card that I usually use in the chaos that is my desk so I improvised! Hey it worked!


I used those same colour paints to add some droplets of colour over the background too. I simply diluted the paints with water and flicked it over the surface with a wet paintbrush.


I used the Hugs & Kisses stencil with a fine waterproof black journalling pen to add some detail to my background. And just to mix things up a bit I used the 'Bubble O' Fun' mini stencil with some white gesso to add some white spots. They didn't show up all that well so I added some white Posca paint pen around the edge of some.


Finally I layered on all of my filler cards, a cute black Doodlebug Designs doily, a fussy cut frame, my photo and all of the embellishments. I love how well that gorgeous rainbow washi tape co-ordinates with the filler card.

Here's what I used:

FUR-EVER FRIENDS:
- Everyday Etc Photo Cards
- Everyday Etc Filler Photo Cards
- Die Cut Bits & Bobs

Enamel Dots Neon
'Snap 2' Fussy Cuts
Flair button
Washi tape
Wood Veneer Page Tabs
Wood Veneer Small Hearts
Bright Tickets
Sticky Quick Quotes
Hugs & Kisses Stencil
Mini Stencils
Flutter Colour Paint:
- Green Limousine
- Orange Goldfish
- Tropicana Teal

Next up is a card I created for my hubby for our 11 year anniversary...on April fool's Day!

'You & Me' Card


I used the Hugs & Kisses Stencil again on this one to create a lovely textured background. Once the molding paste was dry, I spritzed on some water and then used diluted Green Limousine paint to wash the colour over the surface.


And in my usual fashion, I added layer after layer of filler photo cards and embellishments from the Mad About You range.


Naaawww! Isn't that sweet?! I didn't actually write in it or give it to him but the thought was there! LOL

Here's what I used:

MAD ABOUT YOU:
- Everyday Etc Filler Photo Cards
- Die Cut Bits & Bobs
- Polaroid Frames
- Wood Veneer Pack
- Die Cut Bits & Bobs

Enamel Dots Neon
Wood Veneer Page Tabs 2
Hugs & Kisses Stencil
Flutter Colour Paint Green Limousine

Well that is all from me today. I hope you are feeling inspired to get creating with your own Flutterby stash. Make sure you share your fabulous creations in the Flutterby Inspiration HQ Facebook Group. I would love to see them.

Head over HERE for a re stock of all your favourite Flutterby Designs goodies.

Cheers
Belinda



No comments:

Post a Comment