Monday 8 August 2016

Results & Addiction | Krisy Podolak

Hi Flutterby Lovlies,

Krisy here today to share with you another of my layouts using the NEW "No Excuses" Range.  As I said in my last post this range has really got me into gear for documenting my fitness journey that I have under taken since last October.

For this layout I drew inspiration from the pattern on the card behind the words. I wanted to create something a little similar.


Before you point it out, yes, there is a spot of black on my face.  I could have reprinted the photo but to be honest, I am happy for it to go in my album like that.  I can't see the point of wasting money printing another photo.  Random ink spots are part of the creative process for me.  Plus if this is the last photo ever left of me, that's unfortunate especially with how many albums I have made.

So, to start my layout, I set about making my background. I started by using the smooching or plastic bag techinique to get some colours onto the paper.  I used my Gelatos as they had a nice range of colours and I don't use them nearly enough as I should to justify the cost and the fact that my husband bought me the big set.  Over the top, I used a stencil to draw in some lines and then I painted them black.

Here is a bit of a close up with the colour and lines.


I then cut up my inspiration "Everyday Etc" Card into strips to make the title.


For some final touches, I used a frame from a die cut, a flair button and some Tabs from the NEW range.  If I had any more enamel dots I would have used them too.  I am not an enamel dot fan usually but the neon in this range has me hooked and waiting to order more. But like you, I have to wait until they are released in the Flutterbys Shop, no special favours here.

Here is another close up.

Thanks for looking today, what do you think of the new "No Excuses" Range?



No comments:

Post a Comment