Monday 22 August 2016

No One Ever Drowned in Sweat | Krisy Podolak

Hi Flutterby Lovelies.
I know your probably over my "No Excuses" gym/exercising layouts but this range has been the kick I needed to actually take process photos and get them documented.

For this layout I again took inspiration from one of the Everyday Etc cards from the "No Excuses" Range.  The reason I do this is because it makes it easier to match the background but also because the lighting in the box I train at it very ordinary so the photos are often a bit dull so this is the pop of colour they need.


To start the layout, I used the smooching technique using the Flutterby paints and a bit of water to make them a bit more fluid.  This doesn't dilute the colours very much but changes the consistency so they are easier to spread.  

To follow the diagonal print on the card I used one of my roller stamps on an angle to mimic this. I then added the card, Photo and embellishments.  I used up most of my fluro enamel dots on this page and I didn't want them to get lost amongst the busy colour of the background so I doodled around them to make them stand out.  To tie the page together, I doodled around the edge as well as around the photo and Everyday Etc card.  

I finished the layout with a Charms Creation Arrow under a flair button.  The blue of the arrow makes the flair button a focal piece of the layout.

There isn't a process video this month.  I went to a recent retreat last month with a plan to get on top of my Design Team commitments and this was one of the layouts I created.

I will be back next month with some more things I have been working on.
Krisy xx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layout. Love the doodling around the enamel dots. (Bev M)

    ReplyDelete