Wednesday 28 August 2019

Look Around ll Chrissi Mannix

Hello Lovelies
Today I have an Art Journal page I made using using some new Flutterby Designs stencils and the new Parent of the Year Collection.
I started with some of the Flutter Colour Paint and my brayer. I just started applying paint to my page. I did this a few times, then i added in some black to give the page some contrast. To bring that yellow back to the foreground, I applied more yellow over the top of the black. In the end I do like how it turned out- I'm not usually a black and yellow person, reminds me of bumble bees lol but I do love bright colours paired with black. I also used the new Love art foamies, to add a bit more to my background.
To add some texture to my page and add more contrast, I used white gesso through the new No Fucks Given Stencil. I love the added touch it gives the page. Then I found a quote I liked in the Parent of the Year Every Day Etc Cards. I fussy cut it into strips and used it as my focal point for my page.
On the other side of my spread, I decided not to use the same stencil, instead using the love art foamies. I like the contrast the two elements have, and how they relate to the quotes on their specific pages. To make them stand out more, I drew around some hearts with a white paint pen, and coloured them in, just to bring some of that white to the page.
I hope you like my art journal page, and don't forget to check back to see what else the girls do with the awesome new Parent of the Year Collection.
Chrissi xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment