Saturday 10 December 2016

Hello Lover | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! Sue here with you today to share my latest layout using the 'Mad About You' collection. This layout features an "incognito" photo of me that was taken on a scrap retreat earlier in the year. Being dressed up as a man gave me the perfect opportunity to act the part, and there was no shortage of ladies there who were willing to play along too! ("So many hot chicks" became my catch phrase for the night.)


I started this layout by creating my background by swiping a black ink pad roughly across some white cardstock. Once the ink was dry, I added the doodled border along two sides of the page using a black sharpie pen, and some doodled hearts using my heart mini stencil and a coloured sharpie. Next, I added some pink and black mist splatters and finally I drizzled some white Flutter Colour Paint over the top.


I used Everyday Etc filler cards from the range to create a layered mat for my photo, and then fussy cut my title from another 'Mad About You' Everyday Etc card. I also used a card to cut the large and smaller striped hearts. Next to my title, I placed one of the coordinating flair buttons (from 'Mad About You' set 1), which I nested on some pink thread.


On top of the large heart I had cut, I placed the wood veneer people (coloured black with a Posca pen), which I layered with some white thread. I also added some faux stitching around the edge of the heart using my sharpie. Tucked in behind my photo was a page tab (from the 'Partners in Crime' collection).


I embellished directly onto the corner of my photo using a couple of pieces from the 'Mad About You' Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack. Along the bottom edge of the photo, I placed the peas and carrots quote sticker from the 'Mad About You' Sticky Quotes sheet.


To finish off my layout I added a bit of extra stamping using roller phrase stamps and a date stamp; then some scattered pink and black sequins around the page. They were the perfect finishing touch for my fun page!

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again in a couple of weeks with another project to share. Until then, good luck with your Christmas preparations and happy scrapping! X

No comments:

Post a Comment