Saturday 8 October 2016

Scrap Moles | Krisy Podolak

Right, before you think I'm being nasty and using the word "Mole" in my title and especially when talking about people, I am not!  "Scrap moles" is an affectionate term amongst us Australian Scrappers.  When we believe that we have found our "tribe" we refer to them as our moles.  Well, maybe not everyone does but my "tribe" does.  To be included in this term is endearing, it is not used in a derogatory way.  This is some of my "tribe".  It took a long while to find them but I am so glad I did.

This layout is a mixed media one that drew inspiration from one of the "Partners in Crime" Everyday Etc Cards.  You will see it poking out from behind the photo. I used the inspiration to make a background using inks, paints and stencils.  This layout is really all about the background  There is not much over the top of it really.


I started of with Colour Blast Colour Sprays in Bubblegum and Road Base and then over the top I added some Yellow Flutter Colour paint through a Tim Holtz Harlequin stencil.  Once it was dry I added some texture stamping using black Stayzon Ink.  Then I used the same stencil to trace some shapes over the colour of the background.



Once I was happy with my base, I used the Turquoise Blue Flutter Paint to run some swirls around the page by squeezing the paint directly from the bottle.  I also painted a wood veneer I had made by the talented Corbett Creations to help me capture my tribes words.  I then used another Everyday Etc card from the "Partners in Crime" range and used it as my journaling on the page.

For some final details I added some Snippet words, enamel dots and a Charms Creations blue chevron that matches the turquoise Flutter Colour paint perfectly.  And yes there is a bit of blue paint on the photo but I have said it before it is all part of the creative process and it is going in my albums so who cares.  I can always print another photo later if I want to.

1 comment: