Sunday 10 February 2019

You Make my Heart Sing- Chrissi M

Hello Lovelies!!
Today I'm following suite and working with some older collections before I crack into the new 

This is a layout using a small photo, and some cards from the We Run the World Collection. I love using the Everday Etc cards as layering pieces and cutting them up to use as embellishments- as I've done for my title. I knew this collection would be perfect for this layout. As my photo was so light and washed out, I wanted to bring in some of those rich green tones to balance it out.
Isn't my teeny tiny brayer the cutest? It was perfect to build up my background . I used a mixture of paint and scribble sticks in Night, Ocean and Turquoise. Using my stamp block as a palette, I applied my colour in layers to build up an area behind my photo.
Coming in with some grey scribble stick, I applied it to my stamp- one of my favorite stamping techniques, and added more texture to my background.
The photo is a 2x3 print from my HP Sprocket. My sister had sent this pic of her and my son at the beach. It was so cute i decided to scrap it that very day. As I said, it was very washed out, i loved the effect, and thought it would look great with the rich colours in the We run the World Every day Etc cards. I layered up the cards to make a mat behind my photo and for my title.
To add some details and embellishments to my layout, I used some Page Tabs and for my title I used some Snippet Strips. They are such great value, and have some really cool phrases and sayings. I love this layout, and liked using the different sized photo. Thanks for stoping by, and ill be back later in the month with a new project.
Chrissi xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment