Saturday 16 February 2019

You are proof | Tamara Buckler

Hello Flutterby Friends,

I'm back again today to share my first layout using the Magical AF collection, which I am totally in love with!! Honestly, I think this collection was made for me. My 9 YO daughter is obsessed with Unicorns, so I have lots to scrap about!!


I started this page with the 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' 12x12 paper in mind, but because I wanted to add some mixed media, I decided to just add it at the bottom and top of the page. I tore strips from the paper, decided on the position of my photo and then added my mixed media to a piece of white cardstock. I used watered down Flutter Colour Paint in Grape Soda and Raspberry Punch, as well as a few other inks and mists. 


I layered up some Everyday Etc Filler Cards behind my photo, focussing on pulling the colours from the rainbows. I then decided to fussy cut this gorgeous unicorn from one of the Everyday Etc Cards - this then guided how I would build my clusters around my photo - due to the scale of the image compared to the rest of the page.


I tucked a Charms Creation cloud behind the unicorn, and then fussy cut a rainbow from the patterned paper to tuck behind - I dulled this down a bit with some gesso so it became a background piece. I then tucked some other elements around this, including a flair button, some thread and a gem.



I added a Charm's Creations heart to the other side of my photo to balance out the page. and tucked another rainbow and gem behind it. I also added a cute little cloud from the Die-cut Bits and Bobs pack.


To build my title, I fussy cut the word 'Unicorns' from one of the Everyday Etc Cards, and mounted it onto some foam tape. I then used some Sticky Alphas that I had in my stash to make the other words, sticking them to some cardstock and then cutting them out.


I scattered some hearts and stars from both the Bits and Bobs pack and the Sticker Sheet around the page, and I love how this carries the whimsy and colour from the bottom to the top of the page, and ties the two pieces of patterned paper together.



I actually called the page done at this point, and went off to work the next day with a bit of a feeling that something wasn't quite right - it dawned on me at lunch time that the photo was too dark and felt like it wasn't connected to the page (scrapbookers, right?!?). I came home and added a darker piece of paper from the Everyday Etc Cards behind my photo, and then added some black splatters, and black doodling, including around my title and photo mats. I really feel like that this ties everything together much better, and anchors the photo to the page. Now it really was done!

Thanks for stopping by today, and make sure you jump over and get your hands on this awesome new collection! I can't wait to share more of my creations with you over the next few weeks.

Big Loves,
Tam xo




No comments:

Post a Comment