Thursday 26 July 2018

Always have fun together | Tamara Buckler

Hey Hey Flutterby Friends,

Well, I'm sure a lot of you are coming back down to earth after the 'Create by the Lake' retreat last weekend, and the rest of us are slowly getting over our FOMO (me!), so I thought it was time to drop in and share my latest layout with you all.

This one is a bit of a stash buster, as I wanted to challenge myself this week to make a black and white layout. B&W is often my go to, but I usually add in a pop of another colour.  I did really well with this challenge, and stuck to the B&W theme until the very end when I found the perfect Flutterby Flair Button, and then I had to add in some gold. Ha, life's tough when you have to make these big choices!!!



I started this page by fussy cutting the 'together' from one of the Everyday Etc Cards "Happily Ever After" collection, it fit perfectly down the side of this pic of my nieces and daughters. I then layered up some of the Everyday Etc Filler Cards behind my photo, using quite a few from the B&W pack and from the Happily Ever After pack.


I then adhered quite a few of the white tiny sticky quotes and white sticky quotes around the photo to give extra interest and extra texture to the page. I figured this was a good excuse to use these up, but who's kidding, I'm going to buy more! I covered the sticky quotes with matt gel medium to make sure they stayed stuck on the page and then added a layer of gesso over the top to blend them all together.


I then added some black ink splatters, and was pretty well going to leave it there, but realised there was a empty spot to the top right of my pic that needed filling. I started to dig through my stash, and came up with this metallic 'we are family' flair button - it was perfect, so as they say, I made it work!


To tie it all together, I added some gold splatters, some gold glitter hearts, and added another word to my title in gold alphas.


So now my layout is B&W with a good splash of gold, and I love it!

Thanks for stopping by to check it out today!!

Big Loves,
Tam xo




No comments:

Post a Comment