Sunday 29 July 2018

Stop Being a Smartass - Sweetheart by Allara Bamforth

Happy Sunday!

Hope you enjoying your weekend, what ever you are up to. I'm still recovering from the fabulous Flutterby Designs - Create by the Lake Retreat last weekend! It is SO much fun and brings together so many amazingly talented and creative souls. If you haven't been, you really need to be a part of it - so keep an eye for registrations for next year!

This layout is one I created at retreat. I started off using my Brayer to smoosh over Flutter Colour Paints - Fire Engine Red, Orange Gold Fish and Sunshine Yellow. Once this was dry and using a sponge and some Artic White paint through the Migraine Madness Stencil, randomly placed some stencilling all over my page.

Then using the All You Need is Love Stencil, I blocked down the page with some transparent gloss texture paste. Once this was dry I used some black dylusions ink to run out from under where I planned to place my photo, so that the outline of the Love stencil could be seen randomly down the page.

I mounted by photo using Everyday etc Filler Cards from the Happily Ever After Collection and a title was made from the Everday Etc Cards both underneath the photo and to the left hand side. A Photo Tab from Happily Ever After Collection was slotted in behine and a Flair Button from my stash of Flutterby goodies.

The entire background was the layout to begin with but I felt the photo was a little lost against the busyness of the background, so at this stage I decided to cut it up and add it to another white background with a few strips to the side (and also now have another spare piece for something else). To finish off, I pulled out my trusty FineLine applicator filled with Flutter Colour paint and drew so squiggles but then also used my favourite stitch stamp of the moment from 49 and Market. Then last but not least decided to use some of the left over 'muslin' from the Blind Scrap Challenge we did at retreat.


Thanks for taking time to have a peek!

Till next post,

Allara xx



No comments:

Post a Comment