Saturday 27 July 2019

Live Love Laugh | Tamara Buckler

Hello to all my beautiful lovely Flutterby Friends,

I'm very sad to say that I'm on the blog today with my last share as a Flutterby Design Team member. It has been a blast over the last few years, but unfortunately life has got in the way a little bit this year and I just cant keep up with my creative commitments.

So, today I am going out with a bang and sharing with you a series of art works I created for the charity auction hosted at the recent Create By The Lake retreat.



To start the canvasses, I prepped them with gesso and then painted the outer edges with black FlutterColour paint. I applied random bits from magazines and books to the canvas using mod podge, attempting the photo transfer technique, which worked with various degrees of success.  I also adhered random bits of Cut Files from Cut to You, and this worked well to add texture and interest.



Over the top of all this I started to apply various paints including some FlutterColour paints, working from the outside in. I then applied some paint through various Flutterby stencils, for added interest and focus. Over the top of all this I added various splatters, doodles and dribbles.



To create the focal words, I used the Large Alpha Set Stencil, and outlined the letters just using a sharpie, and then highlighted with posca pens and paints.

I was very nervous about contributing these art works to the auction, as I have never done anything like that before. I am super pleased to say they sold, and the lucky winner was none other than our boss lady Anita. So pleased that these will be getting lots of love at her place!


Thanks so much for your support and love over the years! I'm sure I will still be hanging around soaking up all the inspiration, and look forward to seeing what the future holds for the Flutterby crew.

Biggest Loves,
Tam xo



No comments:

Post a Comment