Wednesday 18 January 2017

You Stole My Heart | Sue Plumb

Hiii Flutterby peeps!
Its Sue back with you again today to share another layout using the awesome Mad About You collection. And, in stark contrast to my other pages created with this collection so far, this one is a nice, soppy, romantic one...


The photo I used was one that was taken on a trip to Rainbow Beach on the Fraser Coast in Queensland a few years ago. It was my partner's birthday (which also happens to be our anniversary) and I was 23 weeks pregnant with our boys at the time. He found this heart shaped rock for me on our walk up to the sandblow, and that was what he was holding in front of my belly in the photo. (And yes, I still have the rock!)


I knew exactly which of the Mad About You Everyday Etc photo cards I was going to use as my title card for this layout, so I wanted to create a mixed media background to match. I started with my teal Flutter Colour paint, which I watered down to make a beautiful watercolour paint. Then using a wide brush, I simply brushed it across my cardstock. Next, I added some stamped bubbles and texture using stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps. I then used one of my Flutterby mini stencils and white Flutter Colour paint to apply some random small circles over the top, which I did by stippling the paint on with a stiff brush through the stencil. I also mixed a little of my white paint with water and splattered it around the page, along with some blue mist.


Once the background was dry, I chose some of the Mad About You Everyday Etc filler cards to use as a layered mat for my photo. I used a wood veneer geotag to draw attention to my photo, which I altered simply with some watercolour paint. I also added the XOXO page tab and used the small frame from the Mad About You Sticky Quotes sticker sheet (I cut it in half and layered the pieces back on top of each other). On top of the frames I popped a couple of white tiny sticky quotes.


I used several wood veneer circles and the smaller confetti circles around my page, which I also coloured simply using a watercolour paint. You can see where I roughly wrapped some cotton thread around the circle used to highlight the quotes next to my photo.

For my embellishment cluster on the corner of my photo, I layered the & sticker from the sticky quick quotes sheet with a Charms Creations heart, some more cotton thread, and the gorgeous I love you to infinity & beyond flair button (from set #422).


Along the bottom edge of my page I added the die cut script i love you quote from the Mad About You Die Cut Bibs & Bobs pack. I popped an extra tiny sticky quote below it and a die cut heart (painted with watercolour to match my geotag veneer) next to it.

After all that was done, I added a few more die cut hearts, some sequins and a few stamped phrases and my page was complete. I was really happy with how it all came together...despite the lack of any of my favourite "sentence enhancers" on this one.

I will be back in a couple of weeks with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments:

Post a Comment