Wednesday 22 November 2017

Be Strong Enough | Tamara Buckler

Hey Hey Flutterby Peeps,

It' s a big week at Flutterby HQ, as not one, but two new ranges are being released on Friday night!! Today I'm here to share with you my first layout created with the awesome new 'We run the world' collection. I love the messages in this collection, it's all about girl power, and taking control of our own power and destiny. On top of that the colours and design are divine! This range is fabulous not only to scrapbook about ourselves, but our daughters, and other wonderful powerful women in our loves.

Here's a sneek peak of the range...


My layout today features a selfie, and a quote from the Everyday Etc. Photo Cards that really spoke to me. I often have trouble asking for help, but this reminded me that is not showing weakness to do so.


I started this layout by spreading some black Flutter Colour Paint in 3 horizontal lines, I did this to play on the black and white stripe design on one of the Everyday Etc Filler Cards. I then used some watercolour crayons in blue, purple and teal to mimic some of the colours in the range, and used a lot of water and the packaging technique to apply this to the page. I then splattered black ink all over the background.


I layered up a heap of the Everyday Etc. Filler cards behind my photo, in the same colours as I have used in the background. I also added this B&W circle patterned card, which I just love. This design is coming out in limited release 12x12 paper, and I have to have it!!


I cut the title strips out of the Everyday Etc. Photo Card, matted them on some of the teal coloured papers from the Filler Cards and then popped them up on some foam to provide some separation from the busy, dark background. I also added one of the Flair Buttons from the new range, I love this triangle design that runs through this range, and backed it with some black thread.


To finish off the page, I added a page tab to the left of my photo, and tucked some black thread behind it. This helped to tidy up my layers behind my photo, and also repeated the colours and the triangle pattern. As a final touch, I added some more black stamping and splatters, because, why not?

Thanks for stopping by today to check out my layout, and make sure you are all set for the new release on Friday the 24th over at Flutterby HQ - you can join the event here.

I look forward to seeing you all then!

Big Loves,
Tam x




No comments:

Post a Comment