Tuesday 29 October 2019

Create Everyday ll Chrissi Mannix

Hello Lovelies
Today I wanted to play with some paint, stencils and stamps, but I wanted to make something different. So i decided to make a 12x12 Mixed Media page to hang in my art room.
As well as some new art foamies, I've used some older bits and pieces form the Flutterby Designs Store. I have a pretty decent stash of Flutterby Designs, that I'm always saving for the 'perfect' project- which we know, doesn't exist. So you cant be scared to use your stuff instead of just storing it for one day. Which is what I tried to remember here. 
I started with my Flutter Colour Paints, and started layering those onto some black cardstock. I did start this on white, but I messed it up, and then decided the colours might really pop on some black.

Then to add more layers, I sponged through a flutterby designs stencil, and also used some of my favourite "This Way"-Art Foamies. I use paint with my art foamies, and brayer it onto the stamp to get an even application, and a bold transfer. Once i was happy with my background, I couldn't help but literally throw some white paint splats over the page.

To make a focal point for my page, i fussy cut a quote out of an older set of Every Day Etc cards. I once brought the 'Creative Chaos Kit'- The July 2016 kit. I had some awesome extras in it aswell, and that is where these circles and wood veneer came from. I thought they would be perfect for this wall hanging.

To finish off my page, I wanted to adds some grungy hand drawn lines. To add some texture and contrast. I grabbed my black pen and very roughly scribbled around a few of my different patterns. I love how this page turned out.

Hope you enjoyed my process. See you soon
Chrissi xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment