Sunday 28 July 2019

Just a Bit Crazy ll Chrissi Mannix

Hello Lovelies,
Welcome to the blog, My turn to share with you today. 

Last week I was lucky enough to be at the Flutterby Designs "Create by the Lake" Retreat. It was my first year, and if you ever have the chance to go, totally do it. Anita puts on a kick ass retreat, and seeing as its my first post back, I thought I'd scrap a pic from retreat, and use a little technique I learnt from one of  Neet's classes- again, if you ever have the chance, do one of  Neet's classes, so good.

In Anita's class, she showed us how to make an awesome mixed media background to use in various projects. I loved the technique so much, I wanted to turn it into a layout. Starting with blobs of  my Flutter Colour Paints on some cardstock, I rolled it our with my brayer. Adding more paint and colour untill I was happy with the background. Then to add a pop of white, I literally just threw my paint over my layout. Took a little to dry, but so worth the result.
Too add some more interest to my page, I added some modeling paste through the Flawsome Stencil. You don't end up seeing much of it, but it just adds something to the page. I then matted my photo on some of the Every Day Etc Filler Cards
As I  have done before, I also used the Every Day Etc Cards as my title. I love fussy cutting these to use as titles and embellishments. I added some tiny alphas and some stamping to finish my title.
This layout was alot of fun to do, and I loved the process. If you want to see the process, check out the video in the link.
Thanks for stopping by
Chrissi xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment