Wednesday 9 January 2019

We Are Crazy | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
As you have likely already seen with the recent announcement of the new Flutterby design team, after over two years as a member of the DT, the time has come for me to step down. I can't explain what a difficult decision it was to make, but I felt it was time to make room for some fresh faces and inspiration. I have loved every minute of being part of this team and flying the Flutterby flag.

So without further ado, here is my final project share - a fun, 12x12" layout created with the recently released 'We Are' collection...


I began this page with some fun photos of my daughter and her friend that were taken when they attended a circus skills workshop during the school holidays. I used one of the papers called 'We Are' from the 12x12" paper pack and applied some Arctic White Flutter Colour paint with a brayer to cover some of the pattern in the focal area of my page. 


I then took some of the 'We Are' Everyday Etc filler cards and layered them to create a mat for my photos. I also added some scrap cardboard to the back of my photos to help pop them up from the page. I tucked one of the 'We Are' page tabs in behind my photo as well. 


The large camera and the we are title words were all fussy cut from some of the 'We Are' Everyday Etc cards. The word crazy was from the 'We Are' Sticky Quotes sheet, as was the we're all mad here sticker I used near the top of the page.


The little emoji faces I used around the page to help tie in the blue colour were fussy cut from one of the coordinating filler cards, along with the yellow chevrons I placed to help draw the viewers eye into the photos.

The funny quote I added underneath my photos was from the 'We Are' Everyday Etc card pack, and was a perfect supporting sentiment for this page theme. (Both these kids would agree with it! hehe)


I thought my layout needed a little more black to help finish it off, so I used the where is my mind? sentiment from Viva Las VegaStamps and stamped it several times around the page with black ink. I also used my Stabilo All pencil to add some small marks and a doodled page border.

Finally, I added a few enamel dots for a little more visual interest, and my handwritten journalling using a Sharpie and I was done.


So that's a wrap on my final layout for Flutterby Designs. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Anita for having me on her team - I love this lady so much! I have had a blast creating with her products alongside so many talented ladies. 

Thank you also to everyone for the support and kind words for the work I have produced over the last couple of years. It really makes all the time you put in as a designer worth it when you hear that you inspire other people. I am sure I will still "see" most of you around, and will most likely have some Flutterby creations to share in the Flutterby Inspiration HQ group.
Over & out.
Sue X

No comments:

Post a Comment