Sunday 13 January 2019

Crazy with my Wifey- Chrissi mannix

Hi Lovelies
Welcome to my first blog post for Flutterby Designs! I'm so excited to be joining the team this year. I absolutely adore the Flutterby style and flair and couldn't wait to share my first project with you all.
This is a picture of my best friend and I, my Wifey causing mischief as we do, this time at Movieworld. I had the bright idea to use the purples and blacks from the Xtreme Teen Collection. 
I had this collection out, as I was using it for a project life spread (stay tuned for my next post), and thought it would work great for this picture.
I knew I wanted to use this awesome Flutterby star stencil with some texture paste, and have a block of colour to it. I decided on grey, so I could then add a pop of a bright colour.

I used the Xtreme Teen Every Day Etc cards to layer behind my picture, and to add the colours to my layout- This is where i pull the purple from.


I love making mixed media backgrounds, and throwing paint is one of my favorite things to do. I used some very fluid paint to get my splatters and paint drips. Be warned, it IS a messy process, but oh so much fun lol. Just cover up anything you don't want splattered-like your phone lol. 
I love the quotes and phrases in the Every Day Etc cards, and how they can be cut up and used as embellishments and design elements. I love this troublemaker, misfit one. It was just too perfect for this layout. I also used a few tabs from the Sentence Enhancer's Collection to add to my photo layers.

Then I just added my title, using 2 different alpha sets, and a few puffy stars and enamel dots, and I was done. I do love how this turned out, and I hope you liked my first project as part of the 2019 Flutterby DT. I cant wait to share more projects with you.
Untill next time lovelies.
Chrissi xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment