Wednesday 12 September 2018

"Happy Birthday Mak!" by Allara Bamforth

Hello Wednesday!

Today I wish my youngest daughter Makenzi, a Happy 17th Birthday! And to celebrate, I've created a layout featuring one of my favourite pics of her.

To start off this layout I've picked some Flutter Colour Paint in the colours Fire Engine, Sunshine Yellow and Raspberry punch and just randomly brayered them over my background in kind of a diamond shape. Once dry I've used the Halftone Stencil with some transparent gel medium at the top, bottom and two sides of the painted area. Once the gel medium is dry I've used the Distress Oxide Ink in Broken China and just lightly inked over the stencilled areas.


Through the middle I've used some of my favourite 'Wild Bohemian' Everyday etc cards and cut out some of the shapes and designs. Added to this I've used some stitch stamps from my stash to add some interest. 

Using the fabulous brand new stencil 'Arty Farty', I picked some words that I think match Mak's spirit and coloured them in with black artliner and then traced them around with white posca.



To finish off I've added some black thread. Randomly added some Neon enamel dots. And popped on an oldie but goodie Flair Button 'Now'.

Really like how this layout came together and I think it's bright, joyous and fun - just like my girl Mak.

Till next post,


No comments:

Post a Comment