Sunday 9 September 2018

Art Is | Rachel Dutko

Hi everyone

Have you seen the brand new Arty Farty stencil? OMG I think its my favourite stencil ever!

Today I am sharing a few projects that I have created with this awesome stencil.




I have recently tried my hand at paint pouring. Let's face it, it looks like so much fun and
really messy - right up my alley!
I thought I would try paint pouring with my Flutter Colour paints!


First, I chose three colours - Tropicana Teal, Orange Goldfish and Sunshine Yellow. 
I mixed each colour of Flutter Colour paint with pouring medium in separate cups.


Then I poured each of the colours onto four 4"x4" canvasses.






I also added some dark navy and white colours just to add some contrast.




Then it was simply a matter of moving each canvas around until they were fully covered with the runny paint.

I left them for a couple of days to completely dry, then I stencilled some words from 
the Arty Farty stencil on with Colour Blast Colour Paste.


Once the Colour Paste was dry I traced through the 'ART' word with a journaling pen
as a shadow word to the focus words.




I had some mixed pouring paint left over so I mixed it all together and 
poured it onto another canvas.

I mixed some Orange Goldfish Flutter Colour paint with some modelling paste to stencil onto 
this canvas, this time using the whole Arty Farty stencil.



 Once the letters were dry I outlined them with a journaling pen for some definition.



I really love how these turned out.
I hope you can take some time to experiment
with some new techniques and use your supplies in new ways.


Thanks for looking
Rachel x x



No comments:

Post a Comment