Tuesday 28 August 2018

She Stood in the Storm by Allara Bamforth

Happy Tuesday!

I'm back on the blog today with a stash busting layout using lots of pretty pastel colours! Although I scrapbook to preserve memories of my beautiful family, I also tend to produce layouts that kind of reflect life decisions that are currently happening in my life. This layout happened to turn into one of those moments where the creative process helped me make some important career decisions which presented themselves last week!

For this layout I've used the beautiful 'Sporadic Romantic' 12x12 paper from the Happily Ever After Collection and cut an angled shape for the left hand side of my page and then cut out some of the gorgeous flower designs from the page to mount underneath my photo stack. Then using three matching colours of oxide inks, I've splattered these over the white cardstock base and the cut out pieces.


Using one of the quotes 'She stood in the storm', that I based the page on from the We Run the World collection Everday Etc Cards , I've stacked it with  more Every day etc Filler cards mostly from We Run the World but some offcuts from some of the other fab collections. I then tucked in some muslin in behind the photos stack to add some softness and texture.

To the top left of the photo stack I've added a photo tab from the We Run the World collection.  Then to the top of the quote I've added a couple of 'White' Tiny Sticky quotes and then the 'Always' die cuts from the 'Mad about You' collection. To the right of the quote I've added an oldie but goodie Flair Button from the amazing collection of Flair Buttons which are on the website (if you haven't checked out the full collection for a while - you really should!).

Q
And there we have the finished layout. Not a lot of mixed media this time around, as I really wanted the beautiful paper and important message to shine.

Thanks for taking a peek.

Till next post,

Allara xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment