Monday 20 August 2018

Love You | Belinda Spencer

Happy Monday Flutterby peeps!!

Belinda here today to share another layout for August featuring the Happily Ever After collection.


This layout shows how you can use lots of leftover scraps of patterned paper and filler cards. I pretty much used just leftover bits for the layers under my photo which I cropped into a non-standard size. I love using up all of my little leftover bits this way. They are great for cards too.


I used the fabulous 'All You Need Is Love' Stencil with some texture paste on the heavy white cardstock background. Once dry, I diluted some Orange Goldfish and Raspberry Punch Flutter Colour Paint with water and spritzed the layout with heaps of water too. I used a soft wet paintbrush to add the diluted paints to the layout letting them spread across the wet surface and create pools of colour. I left it to dry for a while before I used a bit of scrunched paper towel to mop up the excess water in some places. I finished off the drying with a heat gun.

I had heaps of paint left over and because I hate to waste it, I used the same technique to add it to a page in one of my art journals. Now I have a page ready to go! I always keep an art journal or tag handy to mop up any paint/ink leftover from projects. Saves heaps of time later.




I used an eclectic mix of wood veneer, page tabs, filler cards and sticky quick quotes to add extra detail and interest.




Here's what I used:

- 12 x 12 Blanket Thief patterned paper
- 12 x 12 Boring Together patterned paper
- 12 x 12 Forever and Ever patterned paper
- Wood Veneer Bits

- 'Mad About You' Wood Veneer
- White Tiny Sticky Quotes

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!

Cheers
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment