Tuesday 18 July 2017

Absolutely F**king Gorgeous | Sue Plumb

Hi Flutterby peeps!
Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you. Today I have a 12x12" mixed media layout using the brand new 'Flawsome' collection. This range is perfect for scrapping selfies, and what better selfie to scrap than a funny Snap Chat shot. As soon as I saw the colours in some of the cards in this collection, I immediately thought of this "drag queen" selfie I took recently...


I decided to use a black background to help the bright colours pop. I began by adding some 'Tropicana Teal' Flutter Colour paint to my cardstock using a short, flat brush and some randomly placed strokes. I then took some 'Arctic White' Flutter Colour paint and watered it down, before using another brush to splatter it across my background.


I then created a layered mat for my photo using several of the Everyday Etc cards from the collection and some messy cotton thread for texture. I also added one of the coordinating Page Tabs which I tucked in behind my photo; along with the BOLD wood veneer, which I layered with a Tiny Sticky Quote.


On the corner of my photo, I added the beautiful mole flair button, which I also layered with some more messy thread.


I fussy cut the absolutely fucking gorgeous words I used for my title from one of the Everyday Etc. I also added a few neon enamel dots to my page for some extra pops of colour.


To finish off, I added some small torn pieces to a couple of my page edges; the hello lovely Blackboard Sticky Quote; handwritten journal strips and a few staples. I am really happy with how this one came out and can't wait to create some more pages with this range!

Please note that the Flutterby Designs store is currently closed due to the Flutterby 'Create by the Lake' Retreat that kicks off this Thursday. The store will re-open on Monday 1st August.
For everyone who is coming along to this weekend's retreat - I will see you there!
Until next time, happy scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment