Saturday 24 March 2018

My Crazy Sunshine Kid | Tamara Buckler

Hey there scrappy friends,

I'm so happy to be sharing with you on the blog again today because I totally love this layout! Its kinda simple, but it has a lot of impact, and is lots of fun. Plus it has helped me get out of a bit 6x4 single photo rut I have been in.


The inspiration for this page came from 'Peace Love Pineapples' card from the new Good Vibes Only Everyday Etc Photo Cards. My 12yo daughter is obsessed with Pineapples for no apparent reason, and this card prompted me to try and find a photo of her and share a bit of her crazy personality.


I matted my photo with a number of pieces from the Everyday Etc Filler Cards, and then worked out the positioning of the Pineapple card and my photo. I then got some white cardstock and stamped all over the centre of the page, making sure some of the stamps framed my main elements. At this point I was going to add some yellow paint, but I loved the crisp black and white, so I left it as is.  I would have loved to have the 'Be A Pineapple' stencil for this layout (because it awesome!), but I haven't got my hands on that one yet! 




I built my title around the 'Sunshine' die cut from the Bits and Bobs pack, and then added some random B&W alphas to work in with the rest of my design. I tucked in an XO from Charms Creations, and used some random bits of chipboard for added interest.


To finish the page off I used some White Tiny Sticky Quotes and some White Sticky Quotes randomly around the page.

Thanks for stopping by to check my page out, I hope it gave you a bit of a smile.

Big Loves,
Tam xo



No comments:

Post a Comment