Friday 16 March 2018

GUEST DESIGNER - LAUREN TOMECEK

Hello Flutterby peeps! Lauren here :)
I am so excited to be guest designer for March for Flutterby Designs and get the chance to work with the amazing 'Good Vibes Only' collection. Since it's a beachy/tropical collection, I pulled out my Hawaii girl's trip photos to start working with but quickly decided on a photo of the four of us before we set of on a zip-lining tour.


I pulled out all of the green elements from the Everyday Etc Cards and Filler cards, as well as some neutral/ black and white cards for contrast. With a bit of creative cutting and positioning, I created the photo mat and title. Some washi tape and a Page Tab were added to the left side for more interest. The 'Don't Worry, Be Happy' element from the Photo Cut Ou Frame 50 sheet was perfect to add on the right because I was so anxious about doing this tour, given I really don't like heights!


The background is a couple of different green acrylic paints smeared over the page with a pallet knife. once that dried I use white acrylic paint to create the zig zags. Green mist was flicked over the page and gold mica flakes adhered randomly.


I used up some of the scraps from the Everyday Etc Cards  and more washi tape to create a secondary embellishment cluster in the top right to balance the layout. The quote 'always take the scenic route' was chosen because the views from the zipline were just incredible.


A couple more embellishments were added then I used a black pen to draw a loose border around the whole thing and it was done! Thanks for looking
Lauren x










No comments:

Post a Comment