Tuesday 8 November 2016

Everyday Life | Krisy Podolak

Hi, Can you believe it is almost Christmas?!?  This layout is throwing back to Mother's Day just because that is how I work.  There is no real order in what I do.  I just make stuff when I feel like it.

This layout started off looking a lot different.  It was pink and gold but then I didn't like it and changed it up a bit.  I looked at the embellishments I wanted to use and decided to draw inspiration from that little grey flair button.  So I drew some lines, pulled out my gelatos and changed up the whole colour scheme.  You can still see a bit of the pink poking through but that it all part of the process right.

Once I had painted my background I layered everything else over the top starting with the placement of my photo and working around that.


I used a fussy cut "Everyday Life" from the Midnight range that I had used the border frame for another layout as my title and added some Tiny Word Snippets.  I left the title white so it would stand out against the grey, gold (I {heart} you stencil) and mucky olive colour of the background. 



This is the flair that was the inspiration behind the whole layout....I propped it up on a Charms Creations DIY heart that I altered in the same colours of the background to make the flair button really stand out.


No comments:

Post a Comment