Friday 24 June 2016

Life is a Great Big Canvas | Krisy Podolak

Hi Flutterby Lovelies,  It's Krisy here and I'm back to share a mixed media layout I created using the new Flutter Colour Paints.  These are my favourite new thing at the moment and I am trying to incorporate them in to all of my layouts.



For this layout I took inspiration from one of the Everyday Etc Wild Bohemian cards that has a messy mixed media background and I used my Gelli Plate to try and recreate something similar.  I added in some extra colours using my Kaisercraft paints and the colours worked well together.  Using the paints side by side I did realise the Flutterby Colour paints have a bit more body than the Kaisercraft ones as they are quite watery.  Something I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't used them on the same layout.



To add more textures and messes to the background, I used the Flutterby stencils as a stencil and then turned them over and used them as a stamp also.  It is a great way to add more interest to the page. I also used Bubble wrap as a stamp and cardboard tubes.  Over the top of it all, I added some of Anita's signature paint swirls.  Then I layered on the embellishments. There is some Gyprock tape for more texture, some wood bits, page tabs and a flair button.




I really love how the background turned out and I am going to attempt something similar in my art journal.



As always there is a process video on my YouTube channel - POPLEOPOD but this one is just a process video of the background.  I thought the layout was fairly simple enough to see how it was put together.  Head over and have a look and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment