Monday 22 January 2018

Unleash Your Inner Awesome | Tamara Buckler

Hey Hey Flutterby Peeps!

Happy Monday, I hope you all had a fab weekend and managed to squeeze in some scrappy time. Today I'm here to share with a layout using a mixed bag of Flutterby products. I have to say it is a real credit to Anita that all of her ranges work so well together, it makes using up your stash so easy and enjoyable! 


I actually started this layout by choosing my photo, which is not always something that I do. For some reason this pic makes me sing 'you spin my head right round, right round' and this became the inspiration for the circles in the background. I traced in pencil around various round objects to get the lines, and then went all scratchy and doodley with a sharpie. To add the colour, I watered down some FlutterColour paint in Grape Soda, Raspberry Punch and Tropicana Teal, and used the packaging technique to roughly add them around the circle pattern. 


This colour combo came from the Everyday Etc Card 'Unleash your inner Awesome' from the Creative Chaos range, as I new I wanted this to be my title. This also inspired the small triangles that run around the circle as the background of this card features triangles. I cut these by hand, and glued them down in the areas of corresponding colour. The photo is matted with more Everyday Etc Cards from various ranges, but still sticking to these 3 main colours. 


The main embellishment cluster to the left of the photo features a saying from another Everyday Etc Card in the Creative Chaos collection, which I fussy cut off the card. The cluster is backed by a frame from the 'Mad About You' Everyday Etc Cards, and features a Flair Button from the Sentence Enhancer range.


I was also able to include some Page Tabs from the Fur-ever Friends collection. This was a total win, because we aren't cat people, but this pic is of my daughter getting ready to play the Cheshire Cat, so 'Crazy Cat Lady' worked perfectly!


I added a second cluster to the top right of my circles, using a White Sticky Quote, a Flawsome Die Cut and some enamel dots,  in order to balance off the page, and with that it was done!
 

Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my layout. Let me know if you have any questions about creating this background, it was a fun one!!

Big Loves
Tam xo 



No comments:

Post a Comment