Friday 23 June 2017

My best work l Tamara Buckler

Hey Hey, Happy Friday!!

I don't know about you, but I often feel like I have so much to learn, and there are so many new things to try, in our arty farty scrappy world. Over the past few weeks, I have been trying to use paint differently on my layouts, including using some different brushes and textures, to create different effects. Some of them have been total disasters, and some have worked out surprisingly well!




Today, I'm sharing with you one such layout. I started this page with a wide bristle paint brush and some paint (including our awesome Flutter Colour Paint) and wanted to create a grid like pattern. I wasn't overly happy with this effect, but kept working on it and added some texture paste through the Bubble-O-Fun stencil... getting better. I then decided to grunge it up and squirted the Black Mayhem Flutter Colour Paint up and down the page, and added some ink splatters. Much better! I love the contrast and the texture!


The photo that I wanted to use on this page was also a very busy one, so I didn't want add to much more colour and texture to the layout. I matted the photo on some vellum and raised it up on some kids foam. I fussy cut 'art' from a Creative Chaos Everyday Etc card, and placed it in the white space of my pic, I love the way this looks!


And then because I had so much going on, I went very minimal with the embellishments. Just a few Purple Sticky Alphas in my title, and a small cluster with a flair, a die cut and a snippet strip.

This pic of my fam bam makes me laugh! We discovered these giant furry walls at the Gallery of Modern Art in Brisbane, and it always make me think of the movie 'Get him to the Greek'. Have you seen that one? So funny!


I'm not sure what it is about a giant furry wall that makes it art, but I guess the same could be said about my scrapbook pages! But, at the end of the day, I think they are art, and I guess that's really all the matters!

Anyways, I hope you've all had a fun week and have some scrappy time planned for the weekend!

Big Loves,
Tam x

No comments:

Post a Comment