Monday 20 March 2017

Adventure + OH Neigh | Krisy Podolak

 Hi Flutterby Lovelies.

Krisy back again today to share two layouts that pushed the boundaries on the new "Fur-ever Friends" Collection.  I went back and looked through thousands of photos to see which ones had animals in them.  We don't have any pets so I had to find alternatives.

This is what I came up with.  The first layout is of my daughters first visit to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.  Lone Pine is a small animal sanctuary in the heart of Brisbane.  It is a  great place to take kids at is is not too big and you can get a yearly pass fairly cheap.  That means that you can justify going there and only spending an hour or two at a time makes it easy to tire the kids out and you still have enough money left over for new Scrappy supplies you have been eyeing off in the Flutterby Shop.

I will apologise now for the low light of my photos.  It seems when we have really hot bright days, I cannot photograph layouts.  Stained glass windows look great but are a bitch to work with.  The light just doesn't work and outside is not an option as our house is painted blue and this really kills any natural light.

Here is my first layout.

 

 I started with a mixed media background. Some shimmer dust  colour, then over the top some stamping,  Then I added a whole lot of layers.  I cut up some of the Everyday  Etc cards to form strips behind my matted photos.  I added some Snippet words and heart stickers along with some feather wood veneer that I have been saving.  I almost put them my stash.

Now on to my next layout.  Another series of photos that I found was this of my first Melbourne Cup as a mother.  I loved Melbourne Cup before kids not that I ever really put on a bet.  But I love fascinators and the excitement.  This is my first time going to a Luncheon and it was great fun.
I cut up the Oh Neigh card from the "Fur-ever Friends" Everyday Etc Cards and teamed it up with other cards from my whole Flutterby stash that worked with the colours of the photo.  I then added some Photo tabs, enamel dots and heart stickers.



Well, I hope I have inspired you to use your cards a bit differently.  Please share what you create on the Flutterby Inspiration HQ page.  I'd love to see them.

Krisy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment