Wednesday 24 February 2016

Life is TOO Important to be taken SERIOUS | Krisy Podolak

Hi Flutterby Lovelies,

It's Krisy back again for my second share this month.  Today, I'm sharing a Scrapbooking Layout using the New Everyday Etc " Drama Queen" Cards as the main inspiration.

I have had this photo of my daughter printed for just about a year and were just waiting for the right layout for it.  Every parent has a photo like this I think.  It is also popular as a lock screen on an iPhone. When I saw the "Life is too Important to be taken Serious" card, I knew it was the right time to use this photo.


The background I was inspired by the cut circles from the Wild Bohemian Kit and created a bubble background using watercolours to start with but I found that they didn't pop as much as I wanted to I layered them with Gelatos and then some texture paste through the "You spin me Right Round" Stencil.  



I used the same stencil on the background with a light spray of Shimmer mist.  It creates another layer to the background although in the photos it looks a bit dirty when in actual real life it is shiny silver.



The wood veneer in the kit is pretty awesome too, I definitely need more. You can order these on their own too just have a look here.  I also used a DIY flair but I decided to keep it plain so that it popped out against the busy background.  To add some more circles to the layout I threw in a few Enamel dots.


There is no process video today...I did have one but I thought I had downloaded it off the camera and cleared it to work on the next layout.  It turns out I only thought I did and it couldn't be retrieved.  But I'll make sure there is one next time I share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment