Friday 27 April 2018

Note to my 17 year old self by Allara Bamforth

Hey all,

I'm back on the blog today with a fun layout I've called 'Note to my 17 year old self' using a pic from my Year 12 formal which didn't end up being the best night in the world, dealing with the usual mean girl drama. Learning to 'smile through the bullshit' is one of the biggest lessons you can learn in life and I wish I knew that back then.

I've started off this layout by using three of the Flutter colour paints from the Bright Set - Grape Soda, Raspberry Punch and Sunshine Yellow. I slightly sprayed my page with water and just randomly blobbed over the paint. I then picked up another piece of cardstock and layed it over the top and ran my brayer over. It gives that cool effect a bit like when we were in school and you wanted to create a butterfly and folded your page over. There is the bonus of creating another background for later on.

I then used the He Said She Said Stencil with clear texture paste on the left hand side and a mandala stencil on the right hand side. Next I rubbed a little purple oxide ink over the top to make them stand out.



I used the I Heart You Stencil with some black ink to create some interest and then stamped a I Love washi tape stamp from Carabelle Stamps next to the hearts. I used some of my off cuts from the Good Vibes Only Everyday etc cards to accent the hearts on the other side.

I cut the title out of We Run the World everyday etc cards and some of the hearts from these cards for my wings.


I tucked a Flawsome Page tab in there too and a few quotes from the Blackboard Sticky Quotes. One thing I LOVE about Flutter Colour Paints is being able to pour them into my Fine Line Applicators. The fluid consistency of these paints is perfect for these applicators and I used the black to draw squiggles and circles around my page to finish it off and create some drip features and the top and bottom.


Thanks for tuning into the blog again.

Till next post,

Allara xx



No comments:

Post a Comment