Thursday 22 February 2018

Wild Sisters | Tamara Buckler


Hey Hey Ladies,

Tamara here today to share another layout with you. This one is a little different for me, a little bit minimalistic and less messy than normal.




I have been loving all the black and white backgrounds that have been getting around lately, and I really wanted to give it a go, but I didn't want to do something I haven't seen before. I flicked through our stencil designs to see if there was a pattern I could replicate freehand, and came up with the 'On the Plus Side' stencil. I used a dry, wide flat brush and some Black Mayhem Flutter Colour Paint, and painted the plus symbol in a grid pattern. I then watered down the paint and flicked it all over the paint to create the black splatters.


I love how this background turned out, and I didn't want to cover it up too much, so I decided to just create lots of layers behind my pics to add interest and texture. I scoured through all of the ranges that I had on hand to find Everyday Etc Cards that matched the colours of my daughter's swimmers. I love mixing up the collections, especially when there is a NEW COLLECTION coming out (26 Feb!!! Don't miss it!) because it feels like I am using up some of my stash to make way for new goodies.


I added a tab that from the 'hello' fussy cuts, as well as one of our Flair Buttons. I altered it using a White Tiny Sticker quote (I have used these under my pic and title as well). I have tucked in some enamel dots as well.


The title is fussy cut from a Wild Bohemian Everyday Etc Cards , and I used the rest of the fussy cut above to create a frame for it to rest upon. I added in some thickers from my stash, and I feel like this pulled in all the beautiful colours from Everyday Etc paper layers.


That's it from me today. Looking forward to sharing with you all again soon!

Big Loves,
Tam xo


No comments:

Post a Comment