Wednesday 14 December 2016

INTRODUCING OUR 2017 DESIGN TEAM

INTRODUCING OUR
2017 DESIGN TEAM 


A few new faces to add to our Flutterby Family. Sadly Sharmaine & Kylie both
stepped down due to work commitments next year. They will be missed!!
I have also taken a step back from the design team, to free up some time for me.
This has made way for 3 new faces!!! I am super stoked to introduce:
- Skai Mitchell
- Ros Madley
- Belinda Spencer 


BELINDA SPENCER
Hello! My name is Belinda Spencer and I have been scrapping since 2003. I live on a farm in the Adelaide Hills with my husband, two children and a multitude of animals.
I am predominantly a 12” x 12” scrapper but also love to create cards, artist trading cards, project life and the odd mini album and off the page project.
My style tends to include elements of shabby chic, fussy cutting and a touch of grunge, spooky elements and sometimes a swear word or two. I love to include texture and dimension with lots of lovely layers. My favourite technique right now is to create a watercolour effect on my backgrounds using various mists. I would be lost without my Canson white cardstock, craft knife and inks!
I have been published in Scrapbook Creations, Scrapbooking Memories and Somerset Memories magazines.
I am currently a Design Team member at The Scrapbook Store, Kraft Plus Challenges, Darkroom Door, Charms Creations, Imaginarium Designs and Seriously Scrapbooking where I teach layout classes and card workshops. Previous teams have included The Colour Room, Purple Pumpkin, White With One, The Dusty Attic and Kaisercraft.
I am so thrilled to be joining this awesome team and look forward to sharing my love of papercrafting (and sentence enhancers) with you. Hopefully I can inspire you to play with your own Flutterby Designs goodies.
You can see more of my work here: http://happyscrapspace.blogspot.com/

 
ROS MADLEY
Hi my name is Ros, I live in beautiful Geelong with my son and totally spoilt fur babies. I have been scrapbooking for about 8 years. Before then I sucked at every craft or art activity I tried. Scrapbooking is something I never really wanted to do but I thought, surely I can’t muck that up too, it’s just paper and glue. I went along to a friend’s crop and it was basically hook, line and sinker. I was addicted. I finally found something arty crafty that I didn’t totally make a mess of.
I have been a Design Team member for lots of teams in the past, currently I am on the Kraft Plus Design Team. I have taught classes and have been published is Scrapbook Creations, Scrapbooking Memories and Jot magazine. In 2014 I was lucky enough to named one of the Scrapbooking Memories Masters.
Scrapping for me has never been about preserving memories, although I do get a bit sentimental when using older photos. For me it’s always just been a creative outlet. It didn’t take me long to discover that scrapbooking was a bit more than just paper and glue. Lately I am finding myself reaching for an art journal or a blank piece of cardstock and my trolley of colours, with photos being the last thing on my mind. It's pretty rare I will create a page with patterned paper as a base.
I don’t really have a style, but most of my pages will feature lots of texture and layers and quite often lots of white space. I love pretty things and I love paper and glue, paint and lots of messy mediums and can lose myself for hours in my little room. Can’t wait to get started with this awesome team
http://noteverypicturezperfect.blogspot.com.au/

SKAI MITCHELL
My name is Skai and I have been a maker since I was born. I cant ever remember a time when I wasn't creating. My art career began in Kindergarten when I would sew up roll bags on my mother's ancient Janome sewing machine and decorate for each class. I majored in 3 Unit art, Visual Design, Ceramics and Photography for my HSC and and completed a Certificate II in Fine Arts at TAFE whilst completing my HSC just for fun.. I began an Arts Degree at Newcastle Uni and worked as a Body Piercer in my spare time... I began collecting tattoos at 16 and decorated my body as much as the paper around me...
At 19 I had a whirlwind romance that saw me engaged within 3 weeks and pregnant soon after.. I dropped out of Uni, got a 'real job' as a Nurse and settle into life as a mortgage paying mummy... Fast forward 6 years, another child later and a move to being a Family Day Care Educator, I found myself wandering one day into a 'scrapbooking' shop... I had never heard of this scrappy thing, but it safe to say soon fell in love with pretty papers and embellishments and emerced myself completely into the craft...
It took me a few years to find my bearings. I began in a time where Making Memories was the rage, and my paint splatters, sewing machine and textural mess wasn't embraced by those around me... By accident I attended a Mixed Media class in 2014 and soon found a whole tribe of arty peeps that 'got me' and my style. My art could be described as moody, textural, loose and honest. I scrap about the good times and the bad and im a blatant over sharer.
In my spare time when im not scrapping, I weave, paint, sew, plant, potter, collect black cats, invest in more tattoo time and read. Im a TV series addict and like nothing more than a rainy day Netflix binge, and im totally and utterly stoked to be able to call myself a 'Flutterby girl'... Im looking forward to sharing my art with you and creating with these amazing products... and the Boss lady is pretty cool too
http://urbanangelemporium.blogspot.com.au/


 I CANNOT wait to see what 2017 unfolds & share it all with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment